October books read

Here are the books I read in October.  Lots of good reads, but my favorites were Between Shades of Gray and Temple Grandin: How the Girl Who Loved Cows Embraced Autism and Changed the World.  Thanks to fall break #bookaday challenge, I’m back on track to meet my yearly goal of 200 books – just 35 more to go.

148)  The Thirteenth Child by Patricia Wrede – a wild and wooly combination of magic and an alternative history of the frontier

149) Underworld by Meg Cabot – I enjoyed this one even more than the first one

150) Bar Code Prophecy by Suzanne Weyn – an exciting conclusion to this dystopian trilogy though it gives me the willies when I think about how much of my life is already being tracked

151) Caught by Margaret Peterson Haddix – more time troubles and twists and I still don’t know which missing child from history Jonah is

152) The Statistical Probability of Falling in Love by Jennifer E. Smith – an improbable love story that was great fun to read

153) Pinned by Alfred C. Martino – I hate the ending, but it does give an inside look at wrestling

154) The Notorious Benedict Arnold by Steve Sheinkin. – As war hero and traitor, Arnold earned his place in history

155) Through Georgia’s Eyes by Rachel Victoria Rodriguez and Julie Paschkis – a simple introduction to Georgia O’Keefe’s life and art

156) My Name Is Georgia by Jeannette Winter – another look at the life and art of Georgia O’Keefe

157) Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life by James Patterson and Chris Tebbets – Rafe has a plan that leads to disastrously funny results.

158) Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys – One of the most powerful historical fiction novels I’ve read

159) The Kill Order by James Dashner – still not my favorite series, but it is popular in my classroom

160) Envy by Sandra Brown – a definite page turner

161) Temple Grandin: How the Girl Who Loved Cows Embraced Autism and Changed the World  by Sy Montgomery – one of the best biographies of one of the most inspiring people I’ve ever read

162) Nerd Girls: A Catastrophe of Nerdish Proportions by Alan Sitomer – funny and timely look at bullying

163) Sweet Shadows by Tera Lynn Childs – lots of monsters and mayhem as the time of the prophecy draws closer.

164)  Mal and Chad:  The Biggest, Bestest Time Ever! by Stephen McCranie – wild adventures with cool inventions

165) Mal and Chad: Food Fight by Stephen McCranie – more adventures, this time through a dream portal

What good books have you read this month?