November books read

137) Hearts Aglow by Tracie Peterson – historical Christian romance

138) Gregor the Overlander by Suzanne Collins – why did I put off reading this series for so long?

139) Gregor and the Prophecy of Bane by Suzanne Collins – Gregor’s back in the Underland for another prophecy

140) Gregor and the Curse of the Warmbloods by Suzanne Collins – more, more, more please

141) The Absolutely True Diary of a Part Time Indian by Sherman Alexie – WOW!

142) Gregor and the Marks of Secret by Suzanne Collins – It’s hard to stop reading!  Only one more to go.

143) Gregor and the Code of Claw by Suzanne Collins – a strong conclusion to this series

144) Al Capone Shines My Shoes by Gennifer Choldenko – Moose is back, and now he owes Al Capone a favor

145) Theodore Boone, Kid Lawyer by John Grisham – a nice story, but not much of the thriller I expected

146) The Watch that Ends the Night: Voices from the Titanic by Allan Wolf – what a beautifully written account of a tragedy

147) The Slayer Chronicles:  First Kill by Heather Brewer – I loved getting the other side of the story about Joss.

2 Comments on November books read

1. jcmslibrary
    December 2, 2011 at 9:28 am (12 years ago)

I felt the same way about Theodore Boone. Grisham’s adult books are so exciting and gritty. I feel like he really held back in this one, like he thinks that teens can’t handle the danger and suspense. Maybe the next one will be better. The legal stuff, like him explaining how a trial works, was interesting, though.

Reply
    • Mrs. McGriff
      December 2, 2011 at 9:39 am (12 years ago)

I told my second period about it, and they seemed less than impressed. I enjoyed the legal explanations–and learned something–but I’m not sure how many 8th graders will get into it.

Reply