Let’s Stamp Some Nails!

imageI’m taking part in the weekly Slice of Life Challenge sponsored by  Two Writing Teachers, where teachers write and share each Tuesday. Join in yourself or head over to check out what’s happening with other slicers. If you’re taking part in the SOL, leave a link to your post. I’d love to read it.

I can’t stand for my fingernails to get very long, but I love to paint them.  Whether my fingers are clicking over the keyboard or tapping impatiently on the counter, seeing the brightly colored shellac makes me smile.

Most Sunday afternoons find me sitting at the kitchen counter.  The television shows off new and remodeled houses in the background.  In front of me I spread out my supplies:  a paper towel, Q-tips,  a little polish remover, clear base and top coats, and the color du jour.  This Sunday it’s a deep purple from my daughter’s giant toolbox of nail polish.  While I wait for coats of polish to dry, I flip through the Sunday paper or read a few pages in my current book.

If I’m lucky, my daughter will further decorate my nails with the nail stamps she got for Christmas.  At first, I wasn’t too sure about this system, but I definitely would enjoy having cool designs on my nails.  The hardest part is choosing what design I want.  The girl has hundreds of stamps with thousands of designs:  flowers, Disney characters, snowflakes (we’ve had enough of those, thank you), holiday icons, and more.  This week I chose music notes.  With a few swipes and a few rolls, she added music notes to my purple nails.  Now I will be smiling for sure.

Nail stamp supplies stand at the ready

Nail stamp supplies stand at the ready

Music notes dance across my nails this week.

If you are interested in learning more about stamping nails, check out this video:

6 Comments on Let’s Stamp Some Nails!

1. Maria Selke (@mselke01)
    March 5, 2014 at 8:09 pm (10 years ago)

Excellent! I keep my nails short, too. I only recently started painting them… but the color always makes me smile. I’m going to check out the nail art stampers to help me create new bookishnails!

Thanks for sharing!

Reply
    • Mrs. McGriff
      March 5, 2014 at 9:26 pm (10 years ago)

Surely, the girl has something bookish in all her stamps. If not, she might get some for a present!

Reply
  2. Bonnie K
    March 4, 2014 at 11:02 am (10 years ago)

Before I started playing guitar, I was hooked on nail art too. I couldn’t do it myself but I had some great manicurists willing to take up a weekly challenge with me. What fun! Now I have to keep them short, especially my left hand. 🙁
    But what a cool look you have Kay and loved the video.

Reply
    • Mrs. McGriff
      March 4, 2014 at 12:45 pm (10 years ago)

My daughter has the same issue with her nails and her cello. She keeps them shorter but still paints and decorates them.

Reply
  3. Leigh Anne Eck
    March 4, 2014 at 9:50 am (10 years ago)

How fun! I have the world’s most ugliest nails or should I just make that hands. Short stubby fingers with nails that crack, split, and break. I could use your daughter to make them look better! Have a great day!

Reply
    • Mrs. McGriff
      March 4, 2014 at 9:56 am (10 years ago)

She’s pretty good! I have lots of fun with all her colors and stamps.

Reply