Review Policy & Disclosure

I review a wide variety of books that I read and enjoy.  Most of the books I read can be found in the children’s and young adult sections of the library or bookstore–picture books, children’s, middle grade, and young adult books.  I occasionally read and review adult fiction that might have crossover appeal to older teen readers or that has impacted my thinking.

My Reviews:  When I review a book, I look for the positive.  I do not review every book I read, but I try to share as many as I can so that readers can find a book that connects with them.  I give my honest opinion about the books I review.  If I cannot find anything to like about a book (which rarely happens), I will not review it.  I do not include spoilers, but I try to give enough information that readers can decide if a book is a good fit or not.  I may give a warning if I think a book is not appropriate for certain age group.  I reserve the right to edit my reviews at any time.

Review Timeline:  I try to read and review books in a timely manner, but I cannot promise to review in a particular time period.  When I receive Advanced Reader’s Copies, I try to schedule a review near the release date.

Author Interviews/Blog Tours/Guest Posts:  I love connecting with authors and taking part in blog tours.  I would be glad to consider your author inteview/blog tour/guest post if your books fit with my blog and my schedule.  Please contact me for more information.

Disclosure:  Most of the books I review are books that I have purchased or that I have borrowed from my local library.  I do occasionally receive books or Advanced Reader’s Copies for review, and I will indicate in the blog post if that is so.

Affiliate Links Disclosure: I participate in the Amazon Associates Program on this blog. If you decide to make a purchase by clicking on the affiliate links, Amazon will pay me a commission. This commission doesn’t cost you any extra. All opinions are my own.

2 Comments on Review Policy & Disclosure

1. Brittany
    February 19, 2016 at 1:35 pm (8 years ago)

Hi reader!

I would love to connect with you about an upcoming blog tour for a humorous new middle grade fantasy novel from debut author and Disney interactive story-teller, I.J. Brindle. The book is called Balthazar Fabuloso and we are planning on running the blot tour April 18th-May 1st. You can find more info about the book here: http://www.holidayhouse.com/title_display.php?ISBN=9780823435777

Please contact me if you are interested. You can reach me via e-mail at bmitchell@holidayhouse.com.

All best & happy reading,

Brittany

2. Samuel Marolla
    February 6, 2016 at 5:54 am (8 years ago)

Hi! I’m Samuel Marolla, Acheron Books editor-in-chief. Acheron (www.acheronbooks.com) is an Italian fantasy imprint, in English language.
    May I offer you a free digital copy for a possible review? If yes, considering your blog policy, I suggest you these release:
    ETERNAL WAR – ARMIES OF SAINTS. Historical Fantasy set in Florence – Italy, with a young, shy poet named… Dante!
    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/27414650-eternal-war
    Thank you very much for your time.
    Best, Samuel