Perfect Scoundrels by Ally Carter

Amazon affiliate link

Really, I don’t want to embark on a life of crime, but Ally Carter makes the world of high end art thieves sound tempting in the Heist Society series. After all, Kat Bishop only “resteals” things, and her entire extended “family” works under their own unique honor system where family comes first.

In the third book, Perfect Scoundrels, that loyalty to family is being put to the test. W.W. Hale the Fifth has been named the sole heir to Hale Industries, but something is fishy. Marcus, Hale’s loyal butler, hires Kat to get to the bottom of things. In uncovering the truth, Kat may lose the boy she loves. Not to mention the stakes go up when the job is this personal. Can Kat and her crew out-con a well-thought-out con that marks one of their own?

I enjoyed the twists and turns (and even suspected some culprits early) as the con unwound, but I was surprised at the sudden revelations at the end. Don’t worry, I won’t give them away, but let me assure I was nearly as surprised as Hale was. Kat definitely plays both sides of this well-thought out con.

I do hope Ally Carter writes more of Kat and Hale and the rest of the crew so I can get my fix of cons and vicariously break into the most well-secured buildings in the world.

Disclosure: I participate in the Amazon Associates Program. If you decide to make a purchase by clicking on the affiliate links, Amazon will pay me a commission. This commission doesn’t cost you any extra. All opinions are my own.