February books read

February has been a slow month in terms of numbers of books read, but it has been reich and rewarding reading. I still enjoy the Children of the Lion series, and I’m amazed that I read–and enjoyed–a book on economics. Where will my reading take me next?

12. Sword of Glory by Peter Danielson – What else could possibly go wrong?

13. The New Geography of Jobs by Enrico Moretti – an interesting look at economic trends and what it means for employment opportunities

14. The Deliverer by Peter Danielson – I like the young Moses as he leads an army to Nubia and then flees to the desert

15. The Exodus by Peter Danielson – This tale weaves together the Children of the Lion (a growing clan), international trade, natural disasters and the hand of God as Moses leads the Habiru out of Egypt

16. Elements of Style by William Strunk and EB White – a valuable collection of writing wisdom

17. The Sea Peoples by Peter Danielson – I was surprised by the pirates, but I loved the twist

18) The Promised Land by Peter Danielson – Not only do the Children of the Lion work with the Israelites under Joshua, but some are swept up in the Trojan War

19) The Invaders – Allegiances switch back and forth, tyrants rise and fall, and the voice of a woman–Deborah–lead the Israelites to freedom once more.

20) The Trumpet and the Sword by Peter Danielson – Gideon comes to lead the Israelites to freedom and the Children of the Lion find their fortunes have fallen apart

21) Prophets and Warriors by Peter Danielson – Fortune has turned its wheel to crush the Children of the Lion with violence and betrayal, but they remain strong and survive.

What good books have you read in February?