June Books Read

My first two books for the month of June were birthday gifts.  I think my family knows me well.  They gave me books and chocolate–and some new patio furniture for the back porch.   Let the reading continue!

68) Everything I Need to Know I Learned from a Little Golden Book by Diane Muldrow – The illustrations brought back so many memories of favorite books and characters from my childhood.

69)  A Love that Lasts – There is no one right way to live in a happy marriage.

70) Why Mosquitoes Buzz in People’s Ears by Verna Aardema, pictures by Leo and Diane Dillon – I knew there was a reason I didn’t like those pesky mosquitoes!

71)   Best Friends – story & pictures by Steven Kellogg – the highs and lows of friendship captured in a vivid imagination

72) Together – by George Ella Lyon, pictures by Vera Rosenberry – another combination of friendship and imagination

73)  A Pond So Blue – by Dan Waters, pictures by Danny B. Dalby – little fish work together to overcome the big catfish

74) A Gift of a Tree by Greg Henry Quinn, pictures by Ronda Krum – I picked up this one in honor of my forester husband

75) The Tooth Tree by Nicholas Heller – What happens when you bury a tooth in the backyard instead of under a pillow?

76) Finding Nemo by Disney Pixar

77) 101 Dalmations by Disney

78) Simba and Nala at Play:  A Book About Opposites

79) Curious George Snowy Day adapted by Rotem Moscovich

80) Jamaica Tag-Along by Juanita Havill, pictures by Anne Sibley O’Brien

81) A Wish-For Dinosaur by Jane Belk Moncure, pictures by Vera K. Gohman

82)Muppet Babies Count with Me by Louise Gikow, pictures by David Prebenna

83) The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult – lots of good things in this book, but a difficult read for me

84) Mirette on the High Wire by Emily Arnold McCully – I got this from the summer reading program at our library.  Now I want to try walking on a high wire.

85) Madeline by Ludwig Bemelmans – I loved reading this one to my daughter.  It’s still good now that she is a teen.

86) Madeline and the Bad Hat by Ludwig Bemelmans – another adventure with Madeline

87) How Do You Hug a Porcupine? by Laurie Isop and Gwen Millward – cute rhyming story about–hugging different animals

88) 102 Wacky Monster Jokes -by Michael Pellowski – Some definitely caused groans, but certain kids will eat this one up.

89) The Butterfly Counting Book by Jerry Pallotta – Much more than I expected from a counting book–including words for butterfly in many languages

90) The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown – another mystery full of danger, intrigue, and of course, symbols

91) Where Is Home, Little Pip? by Karma Wilson and Jane Chapman – cute picture book about a penguin who gets separated from his parents and can’t find his way home

92) W.A.R.P.:  The Reluctant Assassin by Eoin Colfer – This new series has an evil villain, two spunky orphans, and time travel back to Victorian England.

My favorites this month were from the picture books:  Why Mosquitoes Buzz in People’s Ears and Mirette on the High Wire.  What were your favorite reads from this month?

4 Comments on June Books Read

1. Pat
    July 3, 2014 at 12:27 pm (10 years ago)

I also read W.A.R.P., and I think my middle school students will enjoy it. I did not read a lot of books in June, and most of them were just O.K. My favorite was Confessions of a Murder Suspect by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro. Ah, the complications of family.

Reply
    • Mrs. McGriff
      August 18, 2014 at 9:28 am (10 years ago)

I cannot keep up with all the James Patterson writes. How does he do it?

Reply
  2. susie
    June 30, 2014 at 10:03 pm (10 years ago)

Wow! What a variety!

Reply
    • Mrs. McGriff
      July 1, 2014 at 6:29 am (10 years ago)

It was quite a variety, thanks to donations to our new Little Free Library.

Reply