May Books Read

58) The Lost Boy by Greg Ruth – a spooky mystery with a secret world filled with fantastical creatures in graphic novel format

59) Touch and Go by Lisa Gardner  – a detective story donated by one of my students’ parents.  I enjoyed the mystery but it’s not a good fit for a 7th grade classroom library.

60) Asylum by Madeleine Roux – Not my cup of tea (It will probably give me nightmares), but students who love scary stories will enjoy this one.

61)  **House of Purple Cedar by Tim Tingle – Such lyrical writing in this story of cruelty, forgiveness, and redemption

62) **The Last Dragonslayer by Jasper Fforde – I couldn’t help myself.  When a friend returned it, I just had to revisit some of my favorite scenes and found myself wandering through all the pages again.

63) *Imperfect Spiral by Debby Levy – a touching story of friendship and loss

64) **A Northern Light by Jennifer Donelly – luscious prose wraps this story of daring to reach for your dreams

65) The Tulip Eaters by Antoinette van Heugen – a modern mystery with roots in World War II Amsterdam

66) **Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys – amazing story of strength and courage

67)  *Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell – very thought provoking–and not at all what I was expecting.

A read a lot of very different books this month–many of them outside my comfort zone.  I enjoyed the stretch in my reading diet.  I starred my favorites.

What were your favorite reads from the month of May?