Looking Back, Looking Ahead

We have almost arrived at the end of the school year.  It’s a perfect time to look back on what you have accomplished and to look ahead at what you still can do.  Write a blog post in two paragraphs that celebrates what you have done and that plans for the future.

In the first paragraph, celebrate all you have accomplished this year.  How have you grown as a reader and/or writer?  How many books have you read?  What new topics, authors, genres, or series have you discovered that you love?  Where do you find good books to read?  What book would you recommend that everyone should read?  What have you written this year that you are proud of?

In the second paragraph, plan for the future?  What are five books that you would like to read?  Since I have to pack up my classroom for the summer, where will you find books to read?  How will you connect with other readers?  Check out sites like Goodreads or give reviews on Amazon.  Drop by my blog to let me know what you are reading this summer.  I’ll be posting reviews of the books I read.  If you read them, too, let me know what you think.

If you want to continue blogging on your own, you will need to set up your own blog.  You will need parent permission and an email address.  First, choose your blogging platform.  Edublogs allows students to create their own blogs.  You can also choose from Blogger (convenient if you have a gmail account).  Go to the website of your choice and sign up.  For an Edublogs blog, click the Sign Up button in the top right corner.  Fill in all the required information.  Remember that your username and domain name must be unique!  That means you cannot use your username from our class blog.