April Books Read

47)  **Guitar Notes by Mary Amato — Music and friendship blossom in this clever story that starts with a shared practice room and notes left in a guitar

48) Finding the Heart of Nonfiction by Georgia Heard – Not only have I learned how to better teach and write nonfiction, I also find myself reading nonfiction more deeply.

49) The Batboy by Mike Lupica – A baseball fan gets his dream job–batboy for the Detroit Tigers–and learns that his heroes are not always heroic.

50) I Survived the Battle of Gettysburg, 1863 by Lauren Tarshis – View the chaos of the bloodiest battle of the Civil War through the eyes of an escaped slave who fell in with the Union Army

51) I Survived the Nazi Invasion by Lauren Tarshis – a Jewish boy and his sister flee theJewish ghetto and join up with Partisan fighters in the surrounding forest.

52) I Survived the Japanese Tsunami, 2011 by Lauren Tarshis – Billy and his family are visiting relatives in Japan when the earthquake and tsunami strike terror and devastation across the countryside.

53) This Is Not My Hat by John Klassen – I love this book!  According to our MS librarian, it is quite popular with a wide range of students, too.

54) Tiger, Tiger by Lynn Reid Banks – Friendship, an unrequited love, and of course, tigers come together in the Roman Circuses

55) One Crazy Summer by Rita Williams-Garcia – Three sisters travel to California to meet the mother they don’t remember.  They discover so much more–poetry and Black Panthers and power to the people.

56) The Shack by William P. Young – a reread after a friend returned it

57) Darker Still by Leanna Renee Hieber – a Gothic romance along the lines of Dorian Gray

I read lots of good books–eleven to be exact–but my favorite has to be Guitar Notes.  What have been your favorite reads this month?