Right Now

imageI’m taking part in the weekly Slice of Life Challenge sponsored by  Two Writing Teachers, where teachers write and share each Tuesday. Join in yourself or head over to check out what’s happening with other slicers. If you’re taking part in the SOL, leave a link to your post. I’d love to read it.

I was inspired by yesterday’s inspiration of the Right Now post written by Terje.  As I am enjoying the last day of spring break, I thought it would be a perfect way to capture the end of the week before jumping into the whirl of the last eight weeks of school.

Here goes.  Right now I am

• waiting for warm weather to finally arrive.
  • appreciating the blue skies and sunshine we had all day today–along with the crocuses and daffodils that have started blooming.
  • thanking my family for all their help cleaning our house this weekend.
  • cooking hamburgers and french fries for dinner tonight.
  • anticipating the excitement my students will bring back from spring break.
  • reading Georgia Heard’s book on writing nonfiction, Finding the Heart of Nonfiction.
  • smiling because I feel rested and renewed after the past week of reading and relaxing
  • accepting that I didn’t get everything done, and that’s okay.
  • remembering and the amazing writing that I’ve read this month.
  • hoping that our test scores reflect the hard work my students have done this year.  I have faith in our work together, but not so much in the accuracy of the tests to measure it.
  • wondering where my daughter will end up for college and glad we have several years to sort it out.
  • wishing everyone a great end to the school year.

6 Comments on Right Now

1. Jennie
    March 30, 2014 at 9:21 pm (10 years ago)

I tried this tonight too. It is perfect for the end of Spring Break. I am looking forward to warmer weather as well!

March 31, 2014 at 4:28 pm (10 years ago)

Enjoy the warm weather when it gets here! It’s got to be coming soon.

2. Julieanne
    March 30, 2014 at 6:19 pm (10 years ago)

Love this format. A great way to use strong verbs ! Perhaps for the classroom? Looks like you are ready for class tomorrow after a good spring break.

: hoping all your wishes come true and your wonderings end up as good outcomes

March 30, 2014 at 8:36 pm (10 years ago)

Thanks! It seemed like a good format to use to finish up my spring break. It is definitely an idea I want to share with my students.

3. chrisleish

I enjoyed that post as well. Thanks for sharing yours. I am on day one of spring break and have sent a reminder to myself to try this on my last day. Reflection- the key element to all of it.

March 30, 2014 at 8:38 pm (10 years ago)

Enjoy your spring break! It is such a powerful way to reflect on a transition. I used it to look both backward and forward.