Introducing….Me!

I am taking part in the Making Connected Learning MOOC sponsored by the National Writing Project.  I have wanted to learn to use more technology (It seems to come out faster than I can keep up) and then share those tools with my students.  This first cycle invites us to create something to introduce ourselves.  I’ve played around with several of the possibilities.

I’ve been eyeing–or is it earring–podcasts for awhile, but just felt completely overwhelmed  by getting started.  Many thanks to Kevin and Terry who created this podcast with two easy options for getting started.  Here’s my introduction of myself to the clmooc community.

I used the ipadio app to create this first podcast introduction.  It was very easy to create, but I’m still figuring out how to best share it.  That may go better from visiting their website on a computer.  Once I’m back in the classroom or on a computer, I want to check out Vocaroo.  It looks even easier.

Since one of the options was to make a physical object, I spent Sunday afternoon creating these storage canisters.  I love words and books.  I can’t even bare to part with them once they are falling apart and have lost pages.  I broke down and joined Pinterest just to look for ideas on how to create things with old books.  Now I have some pretty cool containers to store scrapbooking supplies.

image

I’m looking forward to trying out some of the other ideas and sharing them, too.

5 Comments on Introducing….Me!

1. Elizabeth Murphy
    June 19, 2013 at 11:47 pm (11 years ago)

Kay, I love your blog! I am excited about starting one, too. Thank you for sharing. I have learned so much from you during the eight years we have known each other through the IUS Writing Project. You are so creative.

June 20, 2013 at 5:42 am (11 years ago)

Thanks! I’m glad you like it. Let me know when you start your blog, so I can read what you write. You are one of the most talented teachers I’ve ever met, and I’m glad we met through IUSWP.

2. Ms. Edwards
    June 19, 2013 at 12:47 am (11 years ago)

I’d like to try iPadio also. I see you could embed it in your blog. I wonder if you can tag your posts as “podcast” and create a link to posts with those tags in your sidebar called podcasts? Hmmm. Thanks for sharing. I teach 6 7 8th grade reading and writing in rural Wa State.

Love your containers; I’ll need to create something physical too.

My first post about #clmooc

I look forward to learning with you!

June 19, 2013 at 9:01 am (11 years ago)

That’s a good idea about adding podcasts as a tag. I will do that. I’ve seen you over on Twitter, so I’m glad for a chance to learn more from you here, too. I’ll check out your podcast when I have a break today from my NWP work. We get to hang out with Tom Romano this afternoon!