Need a cure for the winter blahs?

Then snuggle up with a good book and a mug of hot chocolate!

Here’s the deal. You can order great books through Scholastic. Sometimes they even give you a great deal. (Always check out the $1 book on the front page.) An even better deal, the more books you order, the more free books I can get for our classroom library. There are two ways to order:

1) Fill out the paper form and bring it with your money (checks made out to Scholastic) by Friday, February 1.

2) Order online at Scholastic (for parents only). On the parent page, click the “REGISTER” button under “First time here,” then register for your own user name and password. When prompted, enter the one-time activation code code (GPBPV). This code ensures that your orders are sent to me. Select the books you want from over 500 titles. Take advantage of on-line only discounts and specials. You will also get a coupon for $5 for your next book order.  SEND your order to me on-line. I will deliver the books in class.

Here are some of my favorites:

• Rules by Cynthia Lord – this is a deal at $1.00
  • Pinned by Sharon Flake
  • Legend by Marie Lu
  • Ungifted by Gordan Korman
  • Middle School The Worst Years of My Life and Middle School Get Me Out of Here by James Patterson
  • Fake Mustache by Tom Angleberger
  • Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney – get the whole series!
  • The Strange Case of Origami Yoda, Darth Paper Strikes Back and The Secret of Fortune Wookie by Tom Angleberger
  • One for the Murphys by Lynda Mullaly Hunt
  • Moon Over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool
  • Life of Pi by Yann Martel
  • Chicken Hare by Chris Grine
  • The Girl Who Was on Fire edited by Leah Wilson
  • Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys

2Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Need a cure for the winter blahs?