All I want for Christmas is . . .

a few good books!

Here’s the deal. You can order great books through Scholastic. Sometimes they even give you a great deal. (Always check out the $1 book on the front page.) An even better deal, the more books you order, the more free books I can get for our classroom library. There are two ways to order:

1) Fill out the paper form and bring it with your money (checks made out to Scholastic) by Wednesday, December 12.

2) Order online at Scholastic (for parents only). On the parent page, click the “REGISTER” button under “First time here,” then register for your own user name and password. When prompted, enter the one-time activation code code (GPBPV). This code ensures that your orders are sent to me. Select the books you want from over 500 titles. Take advantage of on-line only discounts and specials. You will also get a coupon for $5 for your next book order.  SEND your order to me on-line. I will deliver the books in class.

Here are some of my favorites:

• Amulet by Kazu Kibuishi – excellent graphic novel series
  • A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens – discover the original Christmas classic for just $1
  • Game Changers by Mike Lupica – more hard-hitting sports action with football
  • Son by Lois Lowrey (and The Giver, Gathering Blue, and Messenger) – discover what happens to Jonas and Gabe
  • Theodore Boone:  Kid Lawyer, The Abduction, and The Accused by John Grisham:  Theo uses his knowledge of the law to solve crimes
  • Endangered by Eliot Schrefer – after reading an interview with the author, I want to visit with the bonobos
  • Nevermore by James Patterson – the end of the Maximum Ride series
  • Charles and Emma by Deborah Heiligman – the love story behind the man who studied evolution
  • The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak – Death is really a funny guy when he tells this story
  • Superman Versus the Ku Klux Klan by Rick Bowers – Did you know the superhero took a stand against the Klan?

There are many more good books in this flyer.  Which books do you want to read?