137) The Desperado Who Saved Baseball by John Ritter – I enjoyed this tall tale of a prequel to The Boy Who Saved Baseball
138) The Crossing: How George Washington Saved the American Revolution by Jim Murphy – I just thought I knew about George Washington
139) Drama by Raina Telgemeier: I loved this graphic novel and can’t wait to share it
140) Cleopatra’s Moon by Vicky Alvear Schecter – a fascinating look at free will in ancient Rome
141) The Books of Umber: Happenstance Found by PW Cantanese – much better than the cover indicated
142) Blank Confession by Pete Hautman – a student recommended this title, and I loved it!
143) Rush for the Gold by John Feinstein – my favorite Stevie and Susan Carol mystery yet!
144) Locomotion by Jacqueline Woodson – a boy finds his voice through poetry
145) The Search for WondLa by Tony DiTerlizzi – definitely a fairy tale for the modern world and beyond
146) Inside Out & Back Again by Thanhha Lai – beautiful poetry captures a story of hope and courage
147) Peeled by Joan Bauer – ghosts and an evil plot unmasked by high school journalists–loved it!
I’m just a few books behind my goal of reading 200 books this year. With fall break, Thanksgiving, and Christmas break still to come with book-a-day challenges, I think I will make it. It’s hard to pick a few favorites when I’ve read so many good books, but I’ll try. I loved Drama and Peeled. I have to agree with the student who recommended Blank Confession. Happenstance Found was much better than I expected from the cover. Rush for the Gold is my favorite Feinstein novel so far.
What are your favorite reads for this past month?