Your library card is a key that unlocks the world for you. Did you know that your library card allows you to
- check out books and DVDs for FREE from the library?
- check out books from any library on the Evergreen system?
- download audiobooks to listen to for FREE on your iPod or other mp3 player?
- download FREE ebooks to read on your Nook or Kindle?
- downlaod FREE music to listen to?
That’s not all! During the month of September–National Library Card Month–our library is offering some pretty sweet giveaways. There are goody bags for anyone who gets their first library card. (It’s FREE, too!) All you need to do to get a library card is meet one of the following criteria:
- Be a resident of Jennings County (bring something with your name and address on it)
- Pay property taxes in Jennings County (probably not an issue for most 8th graders) OR
- Have a valid card from a reciprocal library
Don’t feel left out if you already have your library card. There are goodies for you, too! If you use your library card to check out a book or something else, download free music or audiobooks, or check out the new ebooks available at the library, you are entered into a drawing for a Nook tablet or a $50 or $25 gift card from Barnes and Noble.
If you want to check out any of the ebooks and audiobooks, you will need to install the free Overdrive software. You can download the app from the app store for iPhone, iPod, iPad, or Droid. You can also download it onto your computer and transfer over if you have an older device. There’s a link on the library webpage that takes you to Overdrive. Just follow the directions on the screen for your computer or device.
What are you waiting for? Become a proud library card holder like me!