Mrs. McGriff's Reading Blog

Happy reading!

Look what we’ve been reading!

| 2 Comments

I’m excited to see most of you finding books that you want to read and sharing titles that you think your classmates would enjoy.  We are starting to create a reading community together, and I am excited to share what we’ve already accomplished.  Just a little over four weeks into the school year, here is what we have read:

131 students in five different classes have read  363 books.  That’s an average of 2.8 books per student!

Here it is by class period:

• 2nd period:  31 students have read 127 books, for an average of 4.1 books per student.
  • 3rd period:  20 students have read 84 books, for an average of 4.2 books per student.
  • 5th period:  26 students have read 51 books, for an average of 1.9 books per student
  • 6th period:  30 students have read 49 books, for an average of 1.6 books per student
  • 7th period:  24 students have read 52 books, for an average of 2.2 books per student

I know many of you finished more books over the weekend to add to the next count.  What book do you think your classmates should read?

2 Comments

1. We really have been working hard on are reading well at lest in my class (6th period)(when are you going to show us how to make a book trailer?)