Week at a Glance: March 5 – 9

Monday

Read first 15 minutes of class.  Review ISTEP practice.  What have you learned?  We’re going to watch this video by Barry Lane to learn how to get a great start on you essay.  Elaborate on an idea–use that planning time!  You will write a new & improved lead for the practice essay on buying laptops or electronic readers.   My fifth period class is featured on Gae Polisner’s blog today, too.  Check it out!
Homework: Read. NO Weekly Word Study, but I feel a pop quiz coming on.

Tuesday

Read first 15 minutes of class.  Painting with participles.  We will learn how to use participles (-ing verbs) to add movement and action to your writing.  Math ISTEP is today through math classes.
Homework: Read.  No Weekly Word Study.

Wednesday

Language Arts ISTEP Applied Skills.  Report directly to 2nd period at beginning of the day.  Classes will run for periods 2 through 6.  My seventh period class will report to my room during 4th period.  We will eat C lunch, so eat a good breakfast.
Homework: Read.  No Weekly Word Study.

Thursday

Homework: Read.  NO Weekly Word Study due.

Friday

Blogging:  Look for examples of participles in the books you are reading.  Quote the passage using the participle and post on your blog.  Include the correct citation.  Print out your Works Cited page, too!
Homework: Read.