A Million Suns by Beth Revis

Can a sequel live up to or even surpass a fantastic first book?  In the case of Beth Revis, a million times yes! I enjoyed  A Millions Suns (Razor Bill 2012) even more than Across the Universe.  Just to give you an idea of how good this book is, my copy arrived in my mailbox Saturday afternoon, and it is already on its fourth reader (and we didn’t have school on Monday, and my students are involved in another book for class right now).

Amy and Elder are still on Godspeed, but chaos threatens to destroy the ship and its carefully controlled society.  Now that the crew is no longer taking Phydus, emotions rage and sometimes erupt.  Elder spends his time running from one crisis to another.  Food is not as plentiful.  People are choosing not to work.  The ship is not-so-slowly falling apart.  People are even being murdered.  Amy knows she can’t go back to her past life, but she is still desperate to learn the truth, no matter the cost.  When she discovers a series of clues left by Orion, she begins a quest for answers that could change the destiny of the entire ship.  Will she and Elder discover the truth before it is too late?  Will the truth explode what little hope is left on Godspeed?

This sequel has even more surprises and secrets than the first book.  The lies are more dangerous and deadly.  The relationships are messier and more complicated.  (Can you love someone if you don’t have any other choices? )   The motivations are murkier.  It’s no wonder it doesn’t take readers long to get to the bottom of the story–or at least the last page.  All I have to say is, I’m ready for Shades of Earth.

2 Comments on A Million Suns by Beth Revis

1. April
    March 27, 2012 at 7:38 am (12 years ago)

Very good review!!! I haven’t read a million suns just yet because i live in ukraine and the book isn’t out yet here. But i did read across the universe and i thought the book was spectacular! very interesting and fanstastic plot! i really really want Amy and Elder to be together, i love their romance. i’m 14 and i’m trying to write my own books too, beth ravis gives a great motivation! thanks for giving a heads-up on the second book!!!!

March 28, 2012 at 7:01 am (12 years ago)

I hope A Million Suns comes to the Ukraine soon. I thought it was even better than AtU. Good luck with your writing.