All about me

Do you know the difference between posts and pages on your blog?  Posts are frequently updated and show up on your home page in reverse chronological order.  Pages stay mostly the same, though you can edit them from time to time.  Check out the pages on my blog.  In addition to my home page, I have these pages:  About Me, Language Arts Binder, and Parents Guide to Blogging.  I also have tabs for two categories of posts:  Class Assignments (for assignments by class period) and Mrs. McGriff (for all my posts, mostly book reviews).

Over the next two days, you are going to create an About Me page.  Check out these About Me pages from students around the country.  Decide what you want on your About Me page, and get writing.  Remember not to put information that could identify you too much.

When you are ready to create your About Me page, follow these steps:

1. Click on PAGES on the left hand side of your dashboard.  Then click on ALL PAGES.
  2. Under “Sample Page,” click on edit.  This will bring up the page for you to edit.
  3. Change the title to “About Me” or something similar.
  4. Write a list or paragraph, telling your readers all about you!
  5. When you are done, proofread and then click UPDATE on the little blue button on the right.
  6. Visit your blog buddies and check out their ABOUT ME pages.  Leave a quality comment!

2 Comments on All about me

1. Ken
    November 21, 2011 at 10:33 am (12 years ago)

YES FIRST COMMENT!

I’ve got a lot to say for my About Me page. BUT I’m too lazy right now so I’ll update it later.

November 22, 2011 at 12:51 pm (12 years ago)

I can’t wait to check out your about me page!