53) Spilling Ink by Anne Mazer and Ellen Potter – two writers give friendly and helpful advice to student writers
54) Mockingbird by Katherine Erskine – what a beautiful book!
55) Elephant Run by Roland Smith – exciting adventure story set in World War II Burma
56) A Break with Charity by Ann Rinaldi – a few souls picked this book and I loved watching them make the connections with today
57) Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes by Chris Crutcher – I was overwhelmed with the response to this title
58) The Giver by Lois Lowry – Most who read this one fell in love with it
59) The Outsiders by SE Hinton – Things haven’t changed much in school even though this title is older than I am
60) Nothing Buth the Truth by Avi – I love listening in on discussion for this one–especially as students read the last line.
61) Homer’s Oddesey by Gwen Coop – inspiring story of a blind cat
62) Getting to Heaven by Don Piper and Cecil Murhpy -
63) Marcello in the Real World by Fransisco X. Stork – an amazing character, voice, and story
My favorites for this month are Mockingbird, Marcello and Elephant Run. Now I’m looking forward to summer and some serious reading–and catching up on reviews.