My Best Blogs

The girls had their traveling pants; now the boys have an orange couch. Three guys in Couch by Benjamin Parzybok discover just how powerful an old orange couch can be as they take it on their journeys after being evicted from their flooded apartment.  Read all about it on GuysLitWire

Calling all fans of Rick Riordan’s Percy Jackson series.  Riordan has a new Olympus series called Heroes of Olympus that comes out in October.  Can’t wait that long?  Check out the cover and first two chapters at http://camphalfblood.com/.  PS – the password is newhero.

Goddess Boot Camp is now out in paperback (the hardback is still in my towering to-be-read pile). To celebrate, Tera Lynn Childs is giving away five signed copies.  Check out details on how to enter on her blog.

Tessa does Shakespeare again. This time the scene is from Measure for Measure.  It includes a guest actor, a stuffed unicorn, and dragon statues.  You don’t wanna miss it.

Check out this book trailer for Raised by Werewolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes.  Thanks to the YA Book Nerd for creating and sharing it.  She used a new online program to create it.  You can create you own photo show here.

If you want to write, but think you don’t have the time, take up Laurie Halse Anderson’s WFMAD challenge for August.   It’s the perfect opportunity for me.  I’m doing pretty well with my goal of writing two hours a day on my novel this summe (okay, I do miss a few days), but I wasn’t sure how to keep up through the school year.  Here’s the answer.  For the month of August, I can join Laurie in writing just 15 minutes a day.  You can do it, too.  Will you?

Neil Gaiman’s The Graveyard Book just won the Carnegie Medal from Great Britain.  (That’s the top award for children’s literature in England.  The Graveyard Book has the honor of winning both the Carnegie and the Newbery (the top award for children’s lit in the U.S.)  Check out the video of his acceptance speech on his blog.  If you haven’t yet read this book, get thee to a library or bookstore–NOW!