Meet the Merry Sisters of Fate

I know some of you can’t get enough fantasy.  Here is a website just for you.  The Merry Sisters of Fate include Maggie Steifvator (Shiver and Linger),  Tessa Gratton (Blood Magic, 2011), and Brenna Yovanoff (The Replacement, 9-21-10).  While you are waiting for their books to come to a bookstore near you, you can get your fix by reading their short fiction on their blog at Merry Sisters of Fate

Even better for me, they are bribing me to choose my favorite short story and share them with you.  I might, just maybe, win copies of their books.  Wouldn’t that be too cool?  If  I don’t win, y0u could always buy me one!  🙂  I’m not above shameless begging. 

Here they are:  my favorite short fiction from each.  What I love about all of them is that the stories make me wonder…what if?     From Maggie, I like the Christmas story, “The Carolers.”  Who are they?  Who is the Father in the sled?  Will Ivy go with them?  Will she come back?  What do you think?

Neighbors “by Brenna Yovanoff is a beautifully haunting tale of two girls who have more in common than they realize.  I love how the clues slowly add together until the truth sneaks into you mind.

And one more….I got chills when I first read “Mad Signs” by Tessa Gratton.  Would you be clever enough to outwit this creature?